That's right I said DEER SEASON! This is our first weekend without Rusty. He is out somewhere in South Texas doing prep work for his new deer lease. As I am closing out the first full day and second night with no Daddy, I am struck with a few thoughts.
One, I really do appreciate my husband! He is a great dad and he always knows what to do when my patience is running thin. Usually that means taking Jamie somewhere to burn off some energy ;)
Two, I love my kids! I am so blessed to have to beautiful and healthy girls. They really are easy babies. Sure, Jamie tests the waters every now and then, but she is so cute and sweet that you can't stay mad at her long. They both hung in with me last night while I visited with an old friend in Sugar Land and kept them out waaaaay past their bed time, and tonight they went to bed quietly when I wanted them to! I really am thankful for that.
Three, I am thankful for deer. Although they take Rusty away, they send him back to me relaxed and happy which makes me happy :) Happy mom and happy dad means happy kids!
I never thought that I would be thanking a deer for keeping my family balanced...who knew :)


No comments:
Post a Comment