Friday, June 8, 2012

Spring Break 2012 - The Zoo & HLSR

Everyone looks forward to Spring Break, at least if you are a student or a teacher you do!  Spring Break means more memories to be made with our wonderful cousins, Aubrey, Lane, Brody, Jackson and Gavin!  This year we hit up our two favorite Spring Break hang outs...no not Cozumel...the Houston Zoo and the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo :)

Jamie and Rylie getting ready to join their friends at the zoo...













Checking out the elephants with Aubs

Trying to get everyone's attention for a picture...we are always a sight to see, and I'm talking about the adults!!


Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of photos from our zoo trip this year.  I have learned that trying to keep up with a walker (Jamie) and a stroller is super difficult!  We also were traveling without half of our entourage...it was every mommy for herself that day!  Jamie has a tendency to run far and fast, so I only got a few shots at the very beginning of the day :(

Mommy and Jamie all dudded up for the rodeo!
Thanks Aunt Jan for snapping this picture for me.

This picture sums up most of our family outings...the backs of little heads :)



Gavin's cousin got to hang out with us at the rodeo, he's the little guy on the left.  The man in the 10 gallon hat is L to the D...Lane.  I lucked out on the weather this day, Jamie was in her most rodeo looking outfit.  If it had been cold, I would have been in big trouble!

The gang's all here minus Aubs who had a bit of a tummy ache the first half of the day.  I just noticed the AWESOME background we chose for this picture.  Nice...  The trip from the farm to the market is a favorite of the kids and the parents.  I love that the baskets are as big as the kids.






Still making their way to the market.  We had a long detour in the corn.  Jamie and I had to go to battle in order to move on to the next attraction :(  I was THAT mom...

As the sun began to set, we made our way out to the kiddie carnival.  I am so happy that Jamie is starting to branch out and try some new things.  I think that I was more stressed out letting her ride with this without me than she was!  I love this picture too, Lane and Jamie look like they are really trying to fly that plane somewhere!




Being silly in our very first Cowgirl hat!
I am impressed that she was still standing at this point.  Although, she had traded her boots for flip flops.  That fact alone made the hat even more necessary.
Aunt Jan, you stole my hat!!  This picture is adorable if I do say so myself!  We had such a fun time at the rodeo this year.  I can't wait for next year to see my two cowgirls really getting into the animals, rides and other attractions!


No comments:

Post a Comment

ConnectedMoms.com Ticker
ConnectedMoms.com Ticker